Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Skipster vs. "That Elvis Guy!!!"

This is The Foxster -- I mean, The Silver Fox, damnit! -- providing you with some much-needed backstory before... Well, you'll see!

"The Skipster HAS to win this one, in order to meet The Foxster next!"

That's right, fellow babies, that was the latest slogan from the WTF, who decided they could make a hefty profit on the grudge match between former friends and partners, Simpson and Lynch! They forced a match between The Skipster and "That Elvis Guy," a/k/a The Honky Tonk Man, before the scheduled Simpson /Lynch finale on Thanksgiving Day!

Skip, of course, was all decked out in his Macho Man Randy Savage costume. I had been dragged to the match by the perky Tara King, Skip's former (and my current) intern. I waited backstage, contractually obligated by the aptly-named WTF to wear my ridiculous Hulk Hogan outfit. Believe it or not, I was actually rooting for Skip to win... but only because if he lost, I'd have to fight that over-fed Elvis wannabe next, and my bout with The Skipster would never come to pass! And I never signed up for that!

But I digress.

Anyway, when Skip and the Honky Tonk Man finally began...

Oh, see for yourself!

Warning: The following video contains senseless acts of gratuitous violence and destruction, so make sure you call the kids into the room. Thank you.

OUR CAST OF CHARACTERS:

Macho Man Randy Savage: The Skipster.

The Lovely Elizabeth: Gretchen Van Grüber (The Skipster's Personal Assistant, and a woman madly in love with Skip.)

Honky Tonk Man: Danged if I know!

Hulk Hogan: The Foxster (a/k/a The Silver Fox. Skip's former best friend and writing partner.)

Cute Chick in Back Room: The Perky Tara King (Young ex-employee of The Skipster, now the Foxster's "Personal Assistant." She is madly in love with "The Silver Fox," as she really digs "older" men.)

Kato: Himself (The Skipster's loyal Chinese houseman and bodyguard. He has recently been spotted having a "thing" going on with Skip's cleaning lady. Hates The Foxster.)

Man Holding Two Coats: Alan Burnett

First Movie Tarzan: Elmo Lincoln


.

.

.

.

.


*** WARNING! SPOILERS FOLLOW!***

.

.

.

.

.


To fully enjoy the video, do not scroll down until you've finished watching!

.

.

.

.

.


Yep, you heard it here first, fellow babies. Skip and I are together again!

I suppose I should explain. It wasn't that I wanted to save Skip, exactly, it's just that my... umm... my sense of moral conduct was outraged when I saw those three goons teaming up on one lone, defenseless guy. That, and...

And...

Ohhh, who the hell am I trying to kid?!? I missed the big goof (once our initial artistically temperamental anger subsided), and knew that he felt the same way! We were -- and will continue to be -- a great team, each of us always pushing the other to better himself, never accepting second best. His strengths played to my own. He can draw circles around me, and can whip up those amazing videos with the best of 'em. His plots have very often been a solid foundation for me to build upon with my own bits of characterization and dialogue (which isn't to slight him in those departments, either!). He's also a much better pilot for the SnL One, having logged over 3000 flight hours, whereas I only recently completed my Pilot's Expedited Training Assignments (or "PETA" for short).

That, and he's never shy about revealing his sensitive side, and the babes just eat that up! And I was always glad to avail myself of his surplus. Or something.

Anyway, look out, fellow babies... Scratch that. Look out, world! We're back! Like Damon and Pythias, Barnum and Bailey, Rowan and Martin, Superman and Batman, Fred and Barney, Cagney and Lacey, Kramden and Norton, Sodom and Gomorrah, and Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy...

WE'RE BACK!!!

Thanks for your time. Now give us room!

P.S. -- Even as Macho Man Randy Skipster -- or whatever -- squared off against the Honky Tonk Man on this blog, in an alternate reality (also known as the "real world"), Skip Simpson suffered a fall and a painful foot sprain. His partner in both realities -- that's me, fellow babies! -- wishes him a speedy recovery, and hope y'all do, too!

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I was in tears at the end of that video

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alan: Me, too.

    P.S. -- You can gimme my coat back now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted by Skip? I'm confused. I think I have a headache. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AngelMay: As the first line says, it was posted by The Silver Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skip can draw circles? Well, I'll never ceased to be amazed by that man's talent!

    No slight against you Silver Fox. I KNOW you can draw circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ronda: Awwww, your faith in me is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @AngelMay: Ah, NOW I see what confused you. At the bottom of the post, it says "Posted by Skip Simpson." That "credit" goes to the first person who begins the draft of a post, no matter how many "members" of the blog edit it later! I sincerely hope my "As the first line says" comment didn't offend! (Not that it was supposed to anyway, as I hope you know!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope skip gets to feeling better soon...and glad you are back together...had an inkling. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries Mr. Fox! I just need to get used to this sharing of a blog thingy. Love you both, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, and I was just going to start my line of Silver Fox wear, The WTF will miss you guys, Hope your ankle heals soon Skip, I'd kiss it to make it better but my lips don't stretch that far. A prayer will have to do.

    ReplyDelete