Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PART ONE of the Kewl Beanz! Grand Opening: Arrival in Montgomery

The Skipster says: The early arrivals -- Lizzie, her as-yet-unrevealed date (see her blog for more info), and my buddy, Tony Stark -- are here! Lizzie was running late, so I called Tony and asked if he'd mind expediting her trip to the airport to meet us!

The Foxster says: Ohhhh, boy. I must've gotten, what...? About an hour of sleep? Lizzie and her companion were all tuckered out from an earlier engagement, so she eventually got a bit of shut-eye while he stayed awake and partied with Tony. I downed a cup of strong coffee -- I was "working," after all -- for every alcoholic beverage that they imbibed, and I still passed out while they rocked on! The tireless, diligent Ms. Von Grüber kept watch over drunks and sleeping souls alike, until I regained consciousness somewhere over Alabama.

The Skipster says: After a surprisingly-peaceful flight (albeit with lots of free booze served by flight attendants Gretchen and the Foxster) that took us from Point B to Point A, we flew on our final approach over the city of Montgomery, Alabama, with Kato and myself giving them a nice smooth landing on Runway 10! Best landing I ever did at minus five feet a minute, and I didn't spill a drop of the guests' booze or the Foxster's coffee.

I love our Boeing Triple 7! I think everyone should have one!

video

The Foxster says: Once inside the airport terminal itself, I saw that my poor sweetheart, Tara, was fast asleep. She'd been stationed here, as it were, for roughly eight hours, just in case anyone else showed up early! (And strangely, it seems that no one from TSA bothered her whatsoever in all that time.)

I woke her, and she rose, determined to go back to her post until all the guests who'd chosen to arrive via airplane had done so. She was carrying a cardboard sign, I noticed, but she refused to show it to us, saying it was a "surprise." Okay, I figured. I know better to argue with her unless it's really necessary.

The Skipster says: After a nice ride down to Pleasantview on I-65, we made certain everyone had checked into the Pleasantview Country Club and Spa, and that they were satisfied with their accomodations. Kato will be doing back-and-forth limousine trips between the country club and Kewl Beanz! itself, chauffeuring party goers who either want to try KB's breakfast offerings or just want to relax and unwind from one place to another.

Tara says: Here I am, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, waiting for the rest of the best, you might say, LOL.

That Tony Stark is a living doll, I gotta tell ya! (Of course, I always have had a weakness for bearded, older-appearing men, ya think?) He kinda makes you feel he's a cool exec with a heart of steel, if ya know what I mean!

Lizzie was terrific, even if a tad tired, and I hope everybody I meet today is as nice as she was. And Lizzie's date? Whoa, baby! What a dreamboat. He could crawl out of a mud-hole and look mint! I recognized him immediately, of course, having seen several of his films. He gave out with a simple but warm "nice to meet you" and my knees got weak. Wait till y'all see him.

So, anyhoo, David -- or should I say, the Foxster? -- asked me to tell you that the second post in today's series oughtta be hittiing the 'net anytime between 10 and 2, depending on how fast the others arrive.

Until then, I'll be waiting right here at Montgomery International, waiting for our internet friends and one additional, special guest.

Oh, and before I forget: I'll be asking all of our lady guests if they have any talent when it comes to singing! (It's for a little surprise Gretchen and I have cooked up for David and the Skipster, so puh-lease keep it under your hats, so to speak, okey-dokey?

See you on the flip-flop!

22 comments:

  1. lol. congrats on the grand opening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian! Great to see you! Hope you give us some "airplay."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((strolling in the room in her black cotton bathrobe))....has anyone seen where my guest went?....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lizzie: It's still early, but... Shall I check the bar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you checked under the bed? That's where mine usually are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine he is out running somewhere...unless.....Foxter???!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on it, Lizzie, I'm on it! (And by the way, when are you going to let the other guests in on who the mystery man is. We know, of course, but...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon enough...first, I must find him!...and get dressed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gang, I am on my way, soon enough! I am posting travel logues and updates over here:

    Hot Toast and Jam for Kewl Beans

    Thank goodness for Blackberries! :)

    Everything looks like it is coming together well. Great job. Can't wait to meet everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck. I'm still looking at KB, but there's some sort of disturbance upstairs... and the upstairs isn't even open!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Toast! Looking forward to your arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH no!... (worried that her guest is doing EXACTLY what she feared, according to Foxter's statement above.) =O

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lizzie: I just checked upstairs, and thankfully, your date's not here. I'm trying to calm down a little "situation" right now, so if I fall out of touch for a little bit, that's why!

    @Anyone and Everyone: Has anyone seen RONDA yet? Is she here? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  14. ((Rushes back to room after a telegram she just handed.))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I'm afariad I will need to bother you for a ride on the SnL One, after all. Too bone headed to agree to my "date" having her pilot pick me up for the trip to AL. I'll meet you at Denver International, in say, a couple of hours or so? Let me kno over on my travel logue, if you will. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mister Toast, we're already at Montgomery Regional doing the pre-flight on SnL One. Kato and myself will be doing the flying into KDEN... and your buddy Gretchen will be your personal flight attendant! We'll be there in a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mr Fox, Mr. Simpson and gang...hi! Congrats on the Grand Opening! Hope I haven't miss too much of the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betsy! Finally, a friendly face! Things are... D'oh! Gotta run...!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm the first friendly face? Wait...what's all the commotion? You look kinda upset....

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know, everyone looks a little...distracted...I didn't bring a date, so I think I'll just join one of those walking tours and see the sites of Pleasantville for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Betsy: Well, you're not the first friendly face, it's just that things are a bit... stressful... right now. Yes, a tour of Pleasantview would be a very good idea at the moment.

    ReplyDelete